Monday, September 21, 2009

Our little super star!

I try not to brag on my kiddos too terribly much, but I’m super proud of Cole. He placed in the advanced category in Math on his MAP (Missouri Assessment Program) test last year. The results came out at the beginning of this school year. The school decided to reward the students who placed in the advanced category and they  were recognized at the monthly school board meeting this evening. The kids’ names were individually read and they each shook hands with our School Board President. Then, they got their picture taken with their families and with their grade level groups. The students individual pictures and names were placed on stars in the lobby for everyone to see.

It was so nice to see our school do so much to recognize the efforts of these kiddos. I’m so very proud of my former students and especially my very own MAP Star Tester. :)

2009-9-21 003

Cole with our School Board President, Mr. Cunningham

2009-9-21

Our little family with happy school board members in the background. ;) Who knows what Audrey and I were doing?

2009-9-21 005

Cole standing by his star photo in the lobby

4 Comments:

Kelly's Kwips said...

Oh, that is so sweet, that was so nice of the school board to do that. Congratulations! I can't wait till Kasey goes to school. It all passes by so fast. Hope school is going well for you this year.

Danny and Sherry said...

What a smart guy he is, he makes us all very proud!!!

Kim said...

Good job, Cole!

Kristi said...

This makes me so proud of Cole. He is such a smart cookie. Cole's greatness didn't come by accident, his parents have invested a grand amount of time on training him in the way he should go. So, I am giving you, John, and Cole a pat on the back.